Old February 5th 16, 05:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Ray[_4_] John Ray[_4_] is offline

Default The 455 route

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 17:36:54 +0000, Paul Corfield
wrote:

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 14:06:32 +0000, John Ray wrote:

A few years ago some routes were "hail and ride", i.e. there were
sections of route without fixed bus stops, but as far as I am aware
these no longer exist. Was this an experiment which was judged to have
failed?

Still plenty left. I regularly use a route with H&R and catch it /
alight from it on the H&R section. All works very well - there are
established places where people wait and the drivers know where to
stop to let people off.

Thank you - I wasn't aware that some still exist. My local H&R route
worked very well for me too while it lasted.

--
John Ray