Old February 15th 16, 02:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default ELL closure

On 15/02/2016 14:28, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2016\02\15 13:09, Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 15/02/2016 13:02, Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 15/02/2016 12:06, d wrote:
I see the ELL is closed it for 9 days. I had my suspicions that it
wasn't being
taken seriously as a transport link by TfL given its slow service and
poor
timetable, and this rather proves it. Can you imagine any tube line
being
closed for that many consecutive days now unless there had been a major
incident?

--
Spud

Aren't they putting in place the new concourse at Whitechapel as part of
the station rebuilding to support Crossrail? That's a fairly major
piece of engineering, which can affect other lines - look at what's
going to happen to Bank in a few years time...

And in any case, it's only really the new bit (plus Whitechapel to
Shadwell) which is shut - you can get under the river for once.

There you go - there's even a nice information sheet on it:
http://74f85f59f39b887b696f-
ab656259048fb93837ecc0ecbcf0c557.r23.cf3.rackcdn.c om/assets/library
/document/c/original/c512-xrl-z-xbu-d061-50180-
whitechapel_station_closures_february_16.pdf

(here's a shortened version of the link http://bit.ly/1QgLyAI )

Available in many different languages should you so choose!

I'd be fascinated to know why "Crossrail" is spelled in the Latin
alphabet for Chinese, Greek, Gujurati and Urdu readers, but not for
Arabic, Bengali, Hindi, Punjabi and Tamil readers.

I'm thinking of ordering it in Welsh - do you think they will provide
it, as it is one of the UKs official languages? (I think it and English
are the only two)

On your other point, discussing with someone who works in translation,
this sort of thing would normally have been agreed in advance and
harmonised between all the different translations, but that doesn't
appear to have been the case here....