Old February 18th 16, 01:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default ELL closure

On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 14:24:21 +0000
David Cantrell wrote:
On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 05:04:50PM +0000, d wrote:
I imagine the MTBF would be the same as other sets on that line.

I expect it wouldn't, simply because stuff that is rarely used will not
behave in the same way as stuff that is often used. The MTBF might be
longer (due to less wear and tear) or it might be shorter (because lack
of use means the mechanism gets gunged up with pigeon **** and dead
mice).

Well maybe. But OTOH its not like the crossrail works suddenly appeared out
the blue one monday morning. TfL must have had at least a years notice if
not more. More than enough time to get even the most recalcitrant set of points
bank into working condition. If they were installed of course.

Oh GOOD sigmonster.

?

--
Spud