Old February 18th 16, 03:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default UTL meet

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 10:37:06 -0600,

wrote:

In article ,
(Someone
Somewhere) wrote:

On 16/02/2016 12:08, Basil Jet wrote:

We haven't had one for a few years. I'm thinking that the last day
before the Goblin closes in June might be a time for us to meet up,
travel the line together and then retire to a pub. Is anyone up for
that?

Will we be going via Clapham Junction?

Depends on how long a tour you want. Where would one find a pub close to
Goblin?

Ferry Boat Inn down the road from Blackhorse Road? [1] You can sit
outside in the sunshine and watch the trains go past. :-)

http://www.theferryboatlondon.co.uk/

It's also a shortish stroll to T Hale for those who would prefer a
main line train into Liv St or north into Essex / Cambs.

Now you're talking!

The Line's User Group do have a "refreshment" page on their website
but not sure how up to date it is. The Standard by Blackhorse Rd is
long gone as much of the area behind it is being demolished.

http://www.barking-gospeloak.org.uk/refreshment.htm

[1] a sllightly selfish option as I can get home on the bus directly
from the pub. Best to own up now!

Sounds fairly promising, especially in June.

--
Colin Rosenstiel