Old February 19th 16, 03:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Overground line maps

In article , (Basil Jet)
wrote:

On 2016\02\19 13:10,
wrote:
In article ,
(Basil
Jet) wrote:

On 2016\02\18 22:04,
wrote:
In article ,
(Basil
Jet) wrote:

On 2016\02\18 13:18, Steve Lewis wrote:
I reckon that the District line is of the maximum complexity that
can be covered by a single line identity.

Actually it is past it... the Wimbleware should be a separate line
(sharing track to Wimbledon with the District Line).

The signage at Paddington for the Circle Line is also a nightmare...
especially the bizarre and enigmatic enamel sign split in two on
platform 12 or thereabouts (perhaps Damien Hirst did it).

I agree the signs to Paddington underground at present should point
people firmly to the H&C platforms unless they are going to High St
etc.

I think it does, but it's still confusing.

So, towards the footbridge on all platforms?

I don't know about that, but once you're at the Praed Street end of
the platforms you are routed back past platform 12 to the H&C. I'll
check the platforms in a few days.

That was my complaint. Most long distance standard class passengers pass the
footbridge on their way to the Lawn.

Maybe the Circle Line should only run from Liverpool Street to
Edgware Road via the south side, with Circles become H&Cs at
Liverpool Street so the same timetable would operate but with a
different presentation.

If it means trains through Edgware Road between Paddington and King's Cross
that would be good.

--
Colin Rosenstiel