Old February 25th 16, 09:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default By London's Northern Line to Battersea

In article ,
(e27002 aurora) wrote:

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 10:30:59 +0000, Basil Jet
wrote:

On 2016\02\25 08:27, Recliner wrote:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:52:53 on Mon, 11 Jan
2016, Mizter T remarked:

Who knows what the completed Crossrail will be called.

It could well be merged into the Overground brand.

It's going to be called Crossrail. It has it's own purple roundel.

Elizabeth Line.

http://www.londonreconnections.com/2013/crossrail-gets-its-roundel/

They obviously changed their mind at some point in the last three
years.

Yes. Boris had been publicly suggesting that it be named after HM for
some time, and perhaps he prevailed in an internal debate?

I suspect that the Crossrail roundel will appear outside stations.

The Elizabeth Line roundel may or may not be used on the outside of
trains, will probably be used on the line guides inside trains, might be
used on posters about engineering work but that's about it. IMO.

Surely the roundel will also be used on platforms used exclusively by
Elizabeth Line trains. Quite what will be used on parts of the route
still used by TOC's trains I do not know? Maybe they will have TOC
Name boards, or TfL Roundels, or both.

Or abortions like at Cheshunt where the Overground platform has TfL signs
but the rest has TOC signs.

--
Colin Rosenstiel