Old February 26th 16, 08:04 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
e27002 aurora e27002 aurora is offline

Default By London's Northern Line to Battersea

On Fri, 26 Feb 2016 01:03:21 +0000, Basil Jet
wrote:

On 2016\02\26 00:35, Recliner wrote:

My understanding is that the Crossrail name will not be used for the
finished product; it was, in effect, a development code name. So all the
roundels will say Elizabeth Line or the station name if they have any text
at all (some will just be a solid purple). It's true that individual Tube
lines don't have their own roundels, but the Underground, Buses, DLR and
Overground do, and I think the Elizabeth Line will be the same.

So outside Stratford there would be three roundels - "Underground",
"Overground" and "Elizabeth line". That would be weird - it instantly
puts the question "Why doesn't the Underground roundel say Central line"
in your head.

And after CR2 opens, TCR would have "Elizabeth Line", "Charles line" and
"Underground", the last representing both the Central and the
Halfnorthern line, with the first two having different colours. Sorry,
but I'll believe it when I see it. The quality of service and trains on
the two Crossrail lines will be similar, so there is no need for them to
have their own branding until you get inside the station, and no need
for them to have their own roundels either. There is far more need for
the orbital Overground and the radial Overground to have their own
differently coloured roundels visible in the street (not that I am
necessarily advocating that).

One suspects that purple is the new Crossrail Color. Red for
Underground, orange for Overground and purple for London's RER.

IMHO George VI would be an excellent name choice for the next
Crossrail. Charles is an unknown quantity as far as his reign goes.