Old May 10th 04, 09:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
DJ DJ is offline

Default "Camera Enforcement" on Tower Bridge

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 10 May 2004 12:17:55 +0100, Pete Boyd wrote:

That's the ones. Looks like they're front-facing only though so anything
without a front number plate (eg motorbikes) will be immune...?

I believe so - but if you're a motorcyclist please don't quote me on it
and go and get caught!

This is probably the only problem with SPECS. Otherwise, I am in support
of it, as unlike Gatsos they do not cause a hazard by way of panic braking
(there's no point - if you've reached the second one it's too late).

Neil

Definitely - I tend to stick to speed limits (certainly never more than 5mph
over the limit) and constantly find idiots right up behind me when
travelling over Tower Bridge. On more than one occasion I've even been
overtaken on the *actual bridge*, same with the Rotherhithe Tunnel. Anything
to slow these morons down is fine by me (though not actual Gatsos because
they cause more problems than they're worth).

DJ