Old February 27th 16, 08:11 AM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastender[_5_] View Post
On 2016-02-25 12:01:51 +0000, Basil Jet said:

I'm wondering when either of these stations had any external
refurbishment done. If I were running Great Northern I would have
erected signs to advertise the 7-day service - I suspect the cost of
doing so would have been dwarfed by the cost of running the weekend
service.

Essex Road in particular looks like the station that time forgot -

And Crossrail 2 forgot. It was mooted to stop there but not now. A
shame as it's a really busy junction with lots of bus traffic.

E.
Yet another reason why the original Hackney/Chelsea idea
still has merit.

Hackney Downs/Canonbury/Essex Road/Angel/Farringdon/
Russell Square/Googe Street and so on: simple, fairly straight
and linking to other services without over-loading key stations.