Old May 10th 04, 10:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Going Down......

Annabel Smyth wrote the following in:

I realised this morning that my journey to work from home involves
nothing but stairs going down! At Clapham North Station, which I
used this morning, there are 72 stairs, or so the station notices
allege. I then changed at Bank to the DLR, also involving two
flights of stairs going down. I got off the DLR at East India -
two more flights of stairs going down! Next time I go that way I
must count them all and see how many steps I actually go down.....

Anybody else have a journey that is either "all downstairs" or
"all upstairs" (one journey I occasionally do, between Herne Hill
& Streatham on the Thameslink is stairs up in both directions
Southbound).

District line from West Ham to Temple is all upstairs. West Ham to
Holborn is also all upstairs (cross platform change at Mile End to
central line). Those sorts of changes would make a large number of
stations possible to get to going all upstairs because if you can get
into the system going upstairs it's relatively easy to get out of it
going upstairs.

--
message by Robin May, but I would say that, wouldn't I?
"GIVE IN! IT'S TIME TO GO!" - The NHS offers a high standard of care.

"You MUST NOT drive dangerously" - the Highway Code
Spelling lesson: then and than are different words.