Old May 10th 04, 11:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Geoff Marshall Geoff Marshall is offline

Default Going Down......

Slightly off topic.. but there is only ONE tube station on the map, where
after going through the ticket barriers, you go UP an escaltor to get to
platform/train level!

Care to have a guess anyone?

"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message
I realised this morning that my journey to work from home involves
nothing but stairs going down! At Clapham North Station, which I used
this morning, there are 72 stairs, or so the station notices allege. I
then changed at Bank to the DLR, also involving two flights of stairs
going down. I got off the DLR at East India - two more flights of
stairs going down! Next time I go that way I must count them all and
see how many steps I actually go down.....

Anybody else have a journey that is either "all downstairs" or "all
upstairs" (one journey I occasionally do, between Herne Hill & Streatham
on the Thameslink is stairs up in both directions Southbound).
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 9 May 2004