Old March 3rd 16, 09:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Night tube on the cards again

On 2016-03-02 18:29:24 +0000, Paul Corfield said:

In London those lower paid people simply cannot afford to use the tube
- especially in the central area. They are therefore reliant on
effective night bus and early morning service on regular routes to get
them to / from their jobs.

And that, to me, means the fares system is fundamentally broken,
causing an absolutely pointless duplication of provision.

I don't see the night tube being a "game
changer" for them - except if TfL decide to greatly reduce or remove
any parallel night bus routes. That's not *yet* on the cards but may
emerge at some point once usage patterns have stabilised.

I would rather hope it is - running half-empty night buses parallel to
the Tube is an utter waste of money. And if it turns out they are not
empty and the Tube is, that's a waste of money. There is absolutely no
sense in any duplication at all at times of day when the Tube network
is not going to be overcongested. It would simply be a waste of money.

Night buses could simply connect people to the Tube on the evenings it runs.

Neil
--
Neil Williams