Old March 3rd 16, 09:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Forest Gategate

On Thu, 3 Mar 2016 10:18:22 +0000
On 2016-03-03 06:33:49 +0000, Mike Bristow said:

There is, perhaps, an interesting debate to be had about how close
two platforms can be to count as an interchange; my suspicion is
that Forest Gate / Wanstead Park are close enough for any sensible
gap - if they're not, then interchanges between the Central Line
and Northern at Bank probably don't count either.

Bank is an awful lot worse, because in the peak they actually make you
walk further deliberately to avoid congestion in certain parts of the
station. There are good reasons for this, but it doesn't make the
station a good choice for anyone of limited mobility.

The walk at green park between the piccadilly and jubilee lines seems to
me unnecessarily long. I can't believe that they couldn't have built the
lines closer together.

--
Spud