Old May 11th 04, 10:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Going Down......

"John Rowland" wrote the
following in:

"Geoff Marshall" wrote in message

Slightly off topic.. but there is only ONE tube station
on the map, where after going through the ticket
barriers, you go UP an escaltor to get to
platform/train level!

Care to have a guess anyone?

The pre-JLE answer was Greenford, but I'm not sure if West Ham,

You also have to go down an escalator at West Ham. I don't know if that
means it doesn't count. The NLL platform just has stairs down to it but
I don't know if stairs make it not count or if national rail platforms
are allowed to count.

Canning Town

I can't believe I missed this one! I forgot he said "after the ticket
barriers" because I was thinking the fact you go down escalators when
entering the station means it doesn't count. You can of course go down
the stairs too but I thought that would also make it not count
(although obviously seeing as they're before you go through the ticket
gates it doesn't matter). Of Canning Town, West Ham and Stratford,
Canning Town is the only one where after passing through the ticket
gates you only go up on an escalator without going down at all.

--
message by Robin May, but I would say that, wouldn't I?
"GIVE IN! IT'S TIME TO GO!" - The NHS offers a high standard of care.

"You MUST NOT drive dangerously" - the Highway Code
Spelling lesson: then and than are different words.