Old March 3rd 16, 09:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default More Boris buses ordered

On Thu, 3 Mar 2016 10:31:17 +0000
On 2016-03-03 10:22:00 +0000, d said:

Something needs to be done about Oxford street. The river of virtually empty
red buses crawling along in both directions at 10mph no matter what time of
day means something is seriously broken.

If the buses have to stay, banning taxis and pedicabs would be a start.
The black cab is the biggest form of disruption to the bus network of
central London going. They stop where they like and cause significant
delay.

They certainly can be cavalier with the rules of the road. Whether they're have
a big effect on buses on oxford street I don't know. I suspect the main issue
is the sheer number of buses themselves. Far too many routes going down one
street.

--
Spud