Old March 4th 16, 08:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Forest Gategate

On Thu, 3 Mar 2016 17:29:26 +0000
Basil Jet wrote:
I imagine that the western end of the Piccadilly trains was more
crowded. But I agree that forcing longer walks is not the answer.
Telling people on the platform to move along is a better idea.

Unfortunately LU has shot itself in the foot there. Because most of its
announcements are either useless ("mind the closing doors" when its already
beeping) or outright lies ("there is a good service on all lines" when you're
standing on a rammed platform in the rush hour and the next train is 5 mins
away) I've noticed that people simply ignore most of what is said by tannoy now.

Actually we must be at the point where it would be almost trivially easy
for carriages to weigh their cargo and communicate it to the railway so
that LED displays on the tunnel wall at the next station can tell
passengers where the most space is available on the approaching train.

Thats a good idea. Or just have different coloured lights on the train cars
over the doors. Green for lots of space, yellow for getting busy and red
for don't even bother. Or something like that

--
Spud