Old March 4th 16, 01:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default More Boris buses ordered

In message , at 14:01:07 on
Fri, 4 Mar 2016, Paul Corfield remarked:

There's a rural bus service where I live that the council is proposing
to ask passengers-with-twirly-cards to pay the fare one day a week, in
order to provide enough funding to keep it running at all.

I believe that is illegal. It's been raised with the DfT before and
they've said "no".

Is illegal to ask for a voluntary contribution? All the old folks have
to do is leave their twirly-card at home, and take a couple of quid onto
the bus (it runs once an hour, afternoons only).