Old March 4th 16, 04:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default More Boris buses ordered

In article ,

On 2016-03-04 08:03:22 +0000, Roland Perry said:

But a day ticket is the same price as a return, isn't it? Are there
a lot of people making one-way trips.

Personally, my main bus use at the moment is home to station for a
multi-day trip. For a one day trip, I will mostly cycle, but cycling
with a trolley case or large rucksack is not wonderfully practical.
To go into town I'm probably more likely to drive but may also cycle.
I don't commute when not working away because I work from home, so
that is out.

In Cambridge I would expect that effect to be even larger with the
predominance of the bicycle.

Precisely! My only difference is that as often as not on a day trip I take
the bike on the train with me, especially to central London.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Cambridge