Old May 11th 04, 10:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Going Down......

In article , Annabel Smyth
writes
Anybody else have a journey that is either "all downstairs" or "all
upstairs" (one journey I occasionally do, between Herne Hill & Streatham
on the Thameslink is stairs up in both directions Southbound).

Doing this on a journey without changes is easy. For example, if the
High Barnet branch is broken then my journey to work is King's Cross
(down escalator) to Golders Green (down stairs), then bus.

More interesting would be to find the journey with the greatest number
of changes that only has downwards (or level) walking movements.

I can construct a complete loop:
* Tottenham Court Road, start on the Northern
* Leicester Square, change to Piccadilly
* King's Cross, change back to Northern (!)
* Bank, change to DLR
* Stratford, change to Central
* Tottenham Court Road, back to the Northern again

but people may consider this cheating. Any proposals for the longest
possible journey, or the journey with most links, without repeating a
station?

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: