Old March 11th 16, 11:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default New Holborn standing escalator trial

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 12:28:39 -0000
"tim..." wrote:
TfL aren't interested in how long it takes *you* to get to the top

Yes I know. But what irks me is the mendacious spin. "you'll get to the top
quicker". No I won't. Why can't they just for once be honest and say "its
to reduce station crushing, for some people it might be slightly slower"?

Its like the pointless automated announcements of "There is a good service
on all lines" when you're standing on a platform with 500 other people in the
rush hour and the next train is an indicated 5 mins away. Which is in LU
mins. In real minutes that means anything from 5-10.

--
Spud