Old March 11th 16, 04:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Signs at Oxford Circus

On 2016\02\08 14:26, Basil Jet wrote:

I recently noticed that the banner signs over the staircase entrances at
the junction itself have been replaced with displays which just say
"Oxford Circus Station" 99% of the time but are effectively
ultra-wide-screen TVs capable of displaying any message. How new are
they? Is this the only station which has them? I presume they have an
"Emergency - Don't Enter" message as well, but what else will they be
used for?

This morning one of them was cycling though "Bakerloo Line good service"
.... "Central Line good service" doing every line on the system in
alphabetical order, obviously in the right colours... finishing by
telling us that there was a good service on the W&C as well. That last
message will be very handy for all the people at Oxford Circus going to
Bank via Waterloo, and also the people going to Waterloo via Bank.