Old May 11th 04, 07:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Liney Dave Liney is offline

Default Derailment near White City Station

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , juvenal

It said the White City train derailed at a set of points
undergoing routine maintenance where a 20 mile-an-hour speed
restriction was in place.

But we don't get a headline of: "Huge success: Safety Precaution works
as it was designed to".

Of course we don't. In the same way a report on a pile up on the M1 doesn't
have the headline "Airbags deploy and prevent more serious injuries". The
train shouldn't have derailed and the fact that there was a speed
restriction is a negative thing because it shows that it happened despite
the knowledge that there was a fault in the area.

Dave