Old May 11th 04, 07:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
grimmy grimmy is offline

Default "Camera Enforcement" on Tower Bridge

Neil Williams wrote in message rg.uk...
On Mon, 10 May 2004 12:17:55 +0100, Pete Boyd wrote:

That's the ones. Looks like they're front-facing only though so anything
without a front number plate (eg motorbikes) will be immune...?

I believe so - but if you're a motorcyclist please don't quote me on it
and go and get caught!

This is probably the only problem with SPECS. Otherwise, I am in support
of it, as unlike Gatsos they do not cause a hazard by way of panic braking
(there's no point - if you've reached the second one it's too late).

I think SPECS are fairer than GATSO too, but only if they are set to
allow a small margin above the limit as GATSO is. If you are in a 30
limit and happen to stray up to 35 at the point of a camera, you can
feel hard done by. But if you *average* 35mph or more over a distance,
you've no real cause to moan, you were genuinely speeding (providing
the limit is properly signed of course).