Old May 11th 04, 08:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Marratxi Marratxi is offline

Default Abandoned railway loop in Wembley

"Peter Corser" wrote in message
"John Rowland" wrote in message
The Palace of Engineering is still there now!
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

The Palace of Engineering was a rug warehouse of the expensive kind when

we
visited it. We still have the (very high quality) chinese rugs we bought.
Can't remember exactly when without consulting the oracle, but it was
probably 8 years ago. If I'd known beforehand exactly where we we were
visiting I would have taken my camera!
Peter Corser

The rug people were called Eastern Khayam but their business folded (sorry
!!) some years ago, there were about five enormous areas filled to the
gunwales with piles (sorry !!) of rugs worth up to £24,000 each. It is
strange that there are/have been quite a lot of rug importers & wholesalers
on that estate. I have a very brief (3 secs) video clip of the Never-Stop
Railway which was on the site during the Empire Exhibition. In original
(avi) form it is 1.75Mb, in mpg form it is 585Kb and as a very poor quality
wmv clip its only 26 Kb - if any body wants a copy let me know.
Cheerz,
Baz