Old May 11th 04, 08:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Derailment near White City Station

On Tue, 11 May 2004 at 19:48:21, Clive Allen
wrote:

The Central line is currently suspended North Acton to Marble Arch.

According to the announcer at Canary Wharf Station, "The Jubilee Line
has a good service. Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, the Jubilee Line has a
good service" [sounding surprised]. "The Central Line is completely
knackered. We suggest you do not go anywhere near the Central Line."
[Pause, then, hand over mike "Oh, replacement bus!"] "Ladies and
Gentlemen, there Central Line is not as knackered as I thought it was,
there is a replacement bus service between Marble Arch and North Acton".

At this point the train comes in. "The train now approaching platform 2
is the Westbound Jubilee Line services to central London and Canon's
Park. Let the customers off the train first, please. When your entrance
is clear, then you may rush on and try to grab a seat!"

At which point, most of us waiting to get on absolutely lost it! If any
of you people who work for LU know who this announcer was, do tell him
he totally made my journey.
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 9 May 2004