Old March 25th 16, 10:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Piccadilly line strike

On 25.03.16 21:13, Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On 24.03.16 11:58, Graham Murray wrote:
Mizter T writes:

The ballot for action was called after a prolonged period of
industrial problems on the line – some of which have been directly
related to serious underlying issues with the aging Piccadilly Line
fleet. Those issues have left drivers in a vulnerable position

In what way are the drivers in a vulnerable position? Are they afraid
that angry passengers are going to break into their cab and assault
them?

I wonder if it is actually over plans to introduce the NT4L, thus
negating the need for drivers.

Does a similar plan exist for the Bakerloo?

Yes, and the Central and the Drain. The Bakerloo 72TS is even more
knackered than the 73TS.

Yes, I was recently on a 72TS. You could hear the gears whining.

BTW, I noticed on the escalators at Piccadilly Circus that the "Stand on
the Right" and "Hold the Handrail" signs were on electronic displays,
rather than the simple blue signs. Why did they do that and what else
could those electronic signs display?