Old April 2nd 16, 02:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Rainbow Line

In message , at 13:49:14 on Sat, 2 Apr 2016,
" remarked:

One thing that I did not understand was why they removed the payphones
on the platforms.

Too much maintenance compared to the takings, I expect. Their demise was
probably hastened by the project to give Rabbit coverage to all stations
(in much the same way 20yrs later Virgin wifi).

That Rabbit didn't last more than a couple of years is an unintended
outcome.