Old April 12th 16, 11:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL, Oyster, contactless payment cards and Apple Pay.

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 12:53:32PM -0700, wrote:

I have had an Oyster card since soon after they were introduced. During my=
last four years at work I had an annual Bus Pass, paid for with a loan fro=
m my employer, and kept a small amount of pre-pay on the card for occasiona=
l non-bus journeys. I am now semi-retired, have a part time job and do not=
travel every day, and so changed to use only pre-pay. Problem with this i=
s that I would forget to top up, cannot pay cash on a bus, and there is not=
a convenient place to top up near my bus stop.

Sounds like you need auto-topup.

In total I was charged =A314.30, which does seem too much. All of the rail=
journeys were off-peak.

This is why you should check your journey history regularly if you use
pay-as-you-go. It frequently makes mistakes. I do so monthly, and most
months I've been over-charged at least twice.

There's a reason that I haven't tried topping up the Oyster online, but I d=
on't want to make this message any longer!

Well it would certainly seem to be the sensible thing to do, so maybe
you need to tell us how that didn't work as well and maybe someone will
be able to help you.

--
David Cantrell | even more awesome than a panda-fur coat

23.5 degrees of axial tilt is the reason for the season