Old April 12th 16, 11:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL, Oyster, contactless payment cards and Apple Pay.

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 06:51:44PM -0500, wrote:
(Paul Corfield) wrote:
If I was in your shoes I'd just set up auto top up on Oyster and use
that. That deals with your issues around lack of a convenient "top up"
location or you forgetting to top up.

How does that work if only using buses? Any online top ups I've ever made
had to be "collected" at a tube station gateline.

I believe that you still need to visit a tube station to turn auto-topup
on, but once it's turned on auto-topup definitely works on buses. You
still need to visit a station though - any station, not just a tube
station - to pick up PAYG refunds for the inevitable overcharging if you
bother to claim them.

You are so cynical. And by "cynical", of course, I mean "correct".
-- Kurt Starsinic