Old April 14th 16, 06:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL, Oyster, contactless payment cards and Apple Pay.

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 18:51:44 -0500,

wrote:

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

If I was in your shoes I'd just set up auto top up on Oyster and use
that. That deals with your issues around lack of a convenient "top up"
location or you forgetting to top up.

How does that work if only using buses? Any online top ups I've ever made
had to be "collected" at a tube station gateline.

Yes Colin. As others have said it was evident that the OP does make
some rail and tube journeys so he would have to make the arrangements
for auto top up in the full knowledge of a rail journey he planned to
make.

I would not have made the suggestion if he had said he *never* makes
rail or tube journeys. Give me some credit!

I understood a rail or tube journey would be needed for every top-up,
apparently incorrectly, and that his rail/tube usage wasn't enough for that.

--
Colin Rosenstiel