Old April 15th 16, 01:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Crossrail - poor interchanges. Now he tells us

In article , (Clive Page)
wrote:

On 14/04/2016 14:31, Roland Perry wrote:
The problem wit the old station was inadequate platform widths (and
quite possibly now, platform lengths).

It's true that in rush hours it used to get rather overcrowded,
though I don't ever recall it being dangerously so. But if reopened
it would essentially only serve those wanting to change to Vic and
Picc lines, and perhaps a very few wanting to reach the Pentonville
Road, not those wanting the main line stations so it would surely be
less than half as popular. As for 12-coach trains, well selective
door opening works on other lines at short platforms.

I remember it being dangerous when I needed to catch not the next train but
the second one.

Do you have any evidence of SDO working on 4 out of 12 coaches in a crowded
train?

--
Colin Rosenstiel