Old April 15th 16, 01:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Crossrail - poor interchanges. Now he tells us

In message , at 08:03:58
on Fri, 15 Apr 2016, remarked:
On 14/04/2016 14:31, Roland Perry wrote:
The problem wit the old station was inadequate platform widths (and
quite possibly now, platform lengths).

It's true that in rush hours it used to get rather overcrowded,
though I don't ever recall it being dangerously so. But if reopened
it would essentially only serve those wanting to change to Vic and
Picc lines, and perhaps a very few wanting to reach the Pentonville
Road, not those wanting the main line stations so it would surely be
less than half as popular. As for 12-coach trains, well selective
door opening works on other lines at short platforms.

I remember it being dangerous when I needed to catch not the next train but
the second one.

I recall it being almost impossible in the evening to get off the train
from City Thameslink[1] and walk to the tube because the platform was so
full of people waiting for a train to Bedfordshire.

[1] I used to visit people with offices near there, a lot.