Old April 22nd 16, 09:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Taxu demos at KXStP

On 22/04/2016 18:23, Robin9 wrote:

Offramp:
I know nothing about it - but I bet Uber has something to do with it.

You won't find many people willing to take your bet!

I've been hearing on LBC an advert about an app for "legal taxis"
which I assume means London Hackney Cabs. Leaving aside the
oh so typical attempt to suggest that minicabs are illegal, this app
is significant. It shows that at long last the Hackney Cab trade is
prepared to compete with Uber whereas previously they were
demanding that politicians remove all competition from the playing
field.

Both the Hailo and Gett (formerly Get Taxi) apps that offer this have
been operating in London since 2011, before Uber arrived here in 2012.

Many taxi drivers fell out of love with Hailo when it also started
offering private hire (minicab) bookings as well, though I think this
was defended by them as being more of a 'back up' should no taxis be
available.