Old April 24th 16, 07:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Overheating 95s

In message , at
10:16:38 on Sat, 23 Apr 2016, Christopher Jolly
remarked:
Some of the fleet maybe. Most are going to Great Western when the 700s are

in service.

They'll also be ETCS Level 2 on the Great Western*, meaning all GN\GWR
fleets will have it installed.

*
http://www.railtechnologymagazine.co...arded-etcs-gri
p-3-contract-for-gwml

The class 365s on the GN are being replaced by ex-Thameslink class
377/5 Electrostars on the conventional KX-Cambs/Peterborough/Kings Lynn
routes, which in turn will be cascaded by class 700s on the Thameslink
route.

Do you think that some of the services really will migrate from 365 to
377 to 700, rather than changing from 365 to 700 in one go?

The original plan was for 377s to start being used on Kings Lynn
services starting now, but I'm not holding my breath (they've already
bailed on the "Network wide smart ticketing by last September).

The class 700s will work alongside the GN on the new intra
GN-Thameslink services (i.e Cambridge-Brighton).

The original plan was for Peterborough services to go to Horsham and
Cambridge to Tattenham Corner, but I see it's now Peterborough to
Horsham and Cambridge to alternating Brighton and Tattenham Corner.

What happens in 2018 is anyone's guess!