Old April 24th 16, 03:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Space travel: cosmic train launches in Moscow as YuriGagarin tribute

wrote:
I know that Moscow has done something like this before, specifically by
releasing a train with rail cars that contain copies of portraits from
the Tretyakov Gallery.

I wonder if the London Underground would ever try anything like that? Or
would it be an HSE jobsworth nut's excuse to go mental.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/gal...agarin-tribute

I don't see why not. The safety notices aren't obscured, so I can't see
what the objection would be.

There have already been many external vinyl wraps on LU trains and buses
(both LU's own, and sponsored liveries), and I can't see why anyone would
object to a reputable sponsor paying handsomely to have all internal panels
in a train covered in its ads.