Old May 12th 04, 08:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default That 'sicknote' Tube driver

In message , Piccadilly Pilot
writes

As is usual, this seems like a case of 6 of one and half a dozen of
the other. If he has had a lot of time off sick why wasn't he moved
into a more suitable job?

Probably some archaic union agreement which does not allow it!

Interesting that you snipped my paragraph saying that it had been done
before. Here it is again for anyone that missed it.

"I'm sure the LU apologists will try and blame "the unions". However
management are paid to manage and have presviously moved unfit people from
one job to another."

Although since the onset of PPP there are precious few jobs to move
people to within LU. In the olden days(tm) people were apparently moved
to depot jobs.