Old May 13th 04, 12:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Abandoned railway loop in Wembley

"Piccadilly Pilot" wrote in message

Here's a 1950s A-Z scan, the site splits across the page.

http://www.piccadillypilot.co.uk/bits/Wembley.gif

I've just realised that North End Road used to stretch down to Fourth Way.
When I visited North End Road last year, it ended at the river just
northwest of the abandoned railway loop, and the part southeast of there had
been renamed to be part of Fourth Way. Despite having a fair look around, I
gained no inkling that the river had ever been bridged here. I wonder why
and when the bridge was completely removed? Visiting again last week, a new
bridge has been built over the river, and is already available for
pedestrians, although it will be a few weeks before cars are allowed over
it. As soon as it is fully opened, North End Road will be severed further
west, so it will not become a through route (the purpose of the new bridge
is to divert lorries heading for the industrial estate away from North End
Road and into Fourth Way instead).

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped