Old May 3rd 16, 01:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default The 20 blackspots for toxic air in London

Basil Jet wrote:
On 2016\05\02 22:55, Recliner wrote:

The mayoral election is this week, and the UKIP candidate will be lucky to
get 10% of the first preference votes. There probably won't be a UKIP by
the time of the next mayoral election. After the June referendum,
regardless of the result, what will be its point?

We polled 20% the other day. The Cons were on 30%, and Labour were on
33%. I don't see how you can write off a party that's so close to being
first in the polls.

The current polls show UKIP getting 7% first preference votes in the London
mayoral election. It may, just, manage to come third, depending on how the
Greens do.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne...alPoll_W_2.pdf

I'm not sure how coming a very distant third counts as "so close to being
first". Is there any UK region where UKIP will come higher than third or
fourth?

After the 23rd of June, what will be the role of UKIP, assume it doesn't
splinter into two or more fragments? Will the current parliamentary party
and the current leader even be in the same party? Are they even on
speaking terms?

Even Farage is reported to want to wind it up as a political party, and
turn it into a "movement".
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/663...ion-membership