Old May 5th 16, 09:23 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Another bridge!

On 05/05/16 10:18, Clive Page wrote:
On 05/05/2016 09:14, d wrote:
Looking at the signs they've already got I'm not sure what more they
could
do other than have overheight flashing warning lights. But then idiots
ignore
flashing lights at level crossings so...

I agree, it seems impossible to not notice. Shouldn't drivers who miss
signs such as this be required to take another driving test (which I
understand now includes an element that tests one's ability to notice
hazards on the road) and also an eyesight test before being allowed to
continue?

Just the knowledge that this would be the result of a bridge bash might
be enough to make drivers of high vehicles just a little bit more careful.

No - 6 points on license. That would soon stop their carefree attitude
and propensity to buy cheap non-truck grade GPS satnavs.