Old May 5th 16, 09:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Picc T5 not disabled accessible from platform

In article , d () wrote:

On Thu, 5 May 2016 08:53:00 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
I wonder if the grand plan with the Picc platforms is to introduce lower
floor trains (NTfL) that will provide a long term solution, rather than
temporarily raising some platforms? Short humps provide a temporary

Could be - though when T5 was built would they have been thinking that far
ahead? I never really understood why the tube - and NR to be fair - had an
issue with making straight platforms the same height as the train floor.
It seems to me a no brainer that would cost nothing and there wouldn't be
any gauging issues as the platform lip would have to be further back than
normal anyway.

solution in the meantime. This has been the method adopted with the SSR,
where the lower-floored S stock solves the problem, though as you keep
pointing out, it also means you get gaps with curved platforms, such as
at Finchley Road (where a lot of people dash across the platform to catch
a connecting train).

Indeed. However I do wonder with low floor tube stock how they're going to
cram in the equipment. Apparently its a bit of a squeeze even now getting
the stuff in under the floor.

In fact a surprising amount of tube stock equipment comes through the floor
(tops of wheels) or is placed under seats.

--
Colin Rosenstiel