Old May 5th 16, 09:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Another bridge!

In article ,
(Tim Watts) wrote:

On 05/05/16 10:18, Clive Page wrote:
On 05/05/2016 09:14,
d wrote:
Looking at the signs they've already got I'm not sure what more they
could do other than have overheight flashing warning lights. But then
idiots ignore flashing lights at level crossings so...

I agree, it seems impossible to not notice. Shouldn't drivers who miss
signs such as this be required to take another driving test (which I
understand now includes an element that tests one's ability to notice
hazards on the road) and also an eyesight test before being allowed to
continue?

Just the knowledge that this would be the result of a bridge bash might
be enough to make drivers of high vehicles just a little bit more
careful.

No - 6 points on license. That would soon stop their carefree
attitude and propensity to buy cheap non-truck grade GPS satnavs.

Not enough. They should be disqualified at least and made to re-take tests.
These are professional drivers who are not fit and proper people to be on
the roads if they cannot handle their large vehicles safely.

They should also be charged with endangering passengers on the railway and
sent to jail if that is what they have done. I can't understand why the
worst level crossing cases are never charged with that when that is what the
idiots are doing.

--
Colin Rosenstiel