Old May 13th 04, 09:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Routemaster ad screens - Win2000 Pro

TheOneKEA wrote in message ...
If accountants ran the country, how do you beat a moderately well-priced
system running Linux?

Because they haven't heard of it unfortunately. I like linux and actually
use it myself but ever tried explaining its advantage to the suits? Some
have got the message , most haven't. Plus there is the issue of software.
There just isn't the broad range of front end software for linux yet as their
is for windows. Sure you may find some app to do what you want on Sourceforge
or similar but I can't see your average company director going for a rollout
with version 0.2 of AndysWizzyApp downloaded off a site he's never heard of.

B2003