Old May 5th 16, 11:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Heathrow runway will create £16bn

On Thu, 5 May 2016 11:13:51 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 03:54:26
on Thu, 5 May 2016, remarked:

I'm puzzled how they have a direct rail link to Sheffield (and only
Sheffield) on p35.

All the long distance stuff looks no more than speculation, as it's really
nothing to do with HAL Ltd. Once the connections are in, it's up to the
TOCs and the DfT how they're used.

Unless it was a pretty lame attempt to get support from the last Deputy
Prime Minister, I suspect they meant Shenfield.

I'm very used to people mixing up Brentwood and Brentford, but it
doesn't happen with Shenfield very often. And many of the Crossrails go
there anyway, shirely?

The funny thing is that I think most (or all?) of the Heathrow Lizzy
trains will actually go to Abbey Wood, so pax for Shenfield may also
need to change trains (same platform, of course), just as those for
Sheffield will have to do