Old May 5th 16, 01:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Picc T5 not disabled accessible from platform

On Thu, 5 May 2016 13:57:03 +0100, Basil Jet
wrote:

On 2016\05\05 10:09, wrote:
In article
-september.
org,
(Recliner) wrote:

wrote:
Given T5 was only opened relatively recently I'm wondering what genius
decided that NOT making the train floor and platform heights the same
was a good idea? The platform isn't curved AFAIR so I don't understand
why they didn't do it.

I'm guessing it must lack the platform hump that allows the T4 platform to
claim to be accessible. But, like you, I was surprised that even modern
Tube platforms don't have level access for the full platform length.

That would encourage wheelchair users to board any carriage at T5, but
then be unable to get off at any other station.

Yes, that's a good point.