Old May 6th 16, 08:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Rails under Heathrow

In message
-sept
ember.org, at 07:55:15 on Fri, 6 May 2016, Recliner
remarked:
- The Heathrow Airport terminal signs all promote Heathrow Express,
barely mentioning the Tube or Heathrow Connect. But there's never any
mention of the higher fares:

Hardly surprising as the former is owned by the Airport and the last two
abstract revenue from it.

Indeed so, though I think HAL also gets a share of the fares from both of
the latter. I don't know if this is from all terminals, or just T5, as HAL
paid for the Piccadilly Line extension from T23 to T5.

Nevertheless, it's unfair to air passengers who've not done their research.
Obviously HEx is the right choice for some, but I suspect a fair few others
will be misled.

What I did notice was almost all the pax got off a HEx train arriving at
T23, so it was almost empty for the last part of the journey to T5. I
wonder if T5 BA pax are more savvy, and more likely to use the Tube when
travelling from central London or the western suburbs? Of course, many may
be British and get to the airport by road.

It could be the time of day, and what flights are leaving (balance
between business and leisure flyers). How many subsequently caught the
train to T4?