Old May 7th 16, 01:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
LHS1 LHS1 is offline

Default New Thameslink indicators

On 06.05.16 22:20, Recliner wrote:
Lew 1 wrote:

I do like the new train indicators at St Pancras and Farringdon...

See
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1dp4qf7ug...%2051.jpg?dl=0

Certainly can't be worse then the unclear mess we had before.

I do hope these become the new 'standard' - they are exceptionally clear.

Yes, that's a big improvement. I suppose they will really be needed in a
couple of years or so, when there's a much wider range of TL routes and
destinations served from those platforms (both north and south bound).

A few questions:

What's with the deal with the tunnels just north of SPI, BTW? AIUI, they
will allow services out to Cambridge? Is there an ETA on when they will
turn wheels in anger?

I have also heard that TfL is due to eventually take over the Thameslink
franchise. If that's the case, then when is that due to happen and why
did it not happen earlier?

Are there any prospects for the now-shuttered Kings Cross Thameslink?