Old May 13th 04, 08:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Interesting changes to NR Fares

Paul Corfield wrote:
There is a mini fares revision on 23 May 2004 to coincide with the new
NR Timetable.

the changes include the introduction of the LUL fare scale for

- the North London Line between North Woolwich and Richmond
- West London line between Willesden Junction and West Brompton
- Thameslink between West Hampstead and Kentish Town (LU fares already
apply south of Kentish Town to E&C / London Bridge / Moorgate)

This will mean a reduction in fares for many trips - especially via the
NLL.

Also through fares to Southern Railway destinations (i.e South Central)
from LUL will be changed to reflect a new zonal structure being
introduced. I have no more detail that this but it sounds intriguing.

No word on whether Pre-Pay also becomes valid. However the changes are
in line with TfL's published proposals to extend the LUL fare scale and
Pre-Pay.

There is no change to Staff Travel Facilities (boo!!!!! - the NLL
validity would be very useful)

Hope the info interests someone.

Ken or TfL (can't remember which, although it doesn't make much
difference) said at one point that they had reached an agreement
regarding Oyster with three TOCs. Silverlink and Thameslink fit the bill
here - and doesn't the NLL have Oyster readers installed? I smell prepay
on the way. (With the third TOC being South Central perhaps?)

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7