Old May 8th 16, 09:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_3_] Clive Page[_3_] is offline

Default New Thameslink indicators

On 06/05/2016 21:59, Lew 1 wrote:
I do like the new train indicators at St Pancras and Farringdon...

See
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1dp4qf7ug...%2051.jpg?dl=0

Certainly can't be worse then the unclear mess we had before.

I do hope these become the new 'standard' - they are exceptionally clear.

Yes, noticed them last week, and agree that they are clearer. But I'm
not sure they give as much information as the old ones.

Where does it tell you how many carriages each service has? This
information used to be in the pocket timetable, but Thameslink have just
decided not to print them any more.

Where does it tell you whether the train has both classes or just
standard class? (Useful even to those like me who only travel 2nd class
but like to sit in a 1st class seat on a train which is deemed not to
have any).

And when services are badly disrupted (which never happens on
Thameslink, except almost every day) giving a bare list of later
services without any indication of stopping patterns is not very helpful.

And, having only seen them underground at SPILL, I wonder how well they
will work in bright sunlight.

--
Clive Page