Old May 8th 16, 09:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
D A Stocks[_2_] D A Stocks[_2_] is offline

Default New Thameslink indicators

"Clive Page" wrote in message
On 06/05/2016 21:59, Lew 1 wrote:
I do like the new train indicators at St Pancras and Farringdon...

See
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1dp4qf7ug...%2051.jpg?dl=0

Certainly can't be worse then the unclear mess we had before.

I do hope these become the new 'standard' - they are exceptionally clear.

Yes, noticed them last week, and agree that they are clearer. But I'm not
sure they give as much information as the old ones.

Where does it tell you how many carriages each service has? This
information used to be in the pocket timetable, but Thameslink have just
decided not to print them any more.

Where does it tell you whether the train has both classes or just standard
class? (Useful even to those like me who only travel 2nd class but like
to sit in a 1st class seat on a train which is deemed not to have any).

That will be largely irrelevant in 2 years time because all trains for a
particular service will (should?) be the same length and have the same
accomodation.

--
DAS