Old May 8th 16, 06:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Adrian[_4_] Adrian[_4_] is offline

Default Converting Railways To Roads

"Robin9" wrote in message

In the '60 and '70s some extremists, including
The Economist magazine, suggested that railways were
obsolete and that all the railway lines should be so converted.
This idea was repudiated by most sensible people and some
motoring organisations pointed out that railway routes were
not wide enough to be suitable for main roads.

The A3088 leading north west from Yeovil is built on part of the
Taunton-Yeovil track bed.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
Sorry for the rigmarole, If I want spam, I'll go to the shops